5 Steps to Self-Love
So often my students struggle with the idea of self-care and self-love. Feeling guilty for putting themselves first, feeling unworthy of taking care of their needs, confused about the idea between necessary alone time and being selfish. I explain to them that we cannot take care of anyone if we do not first take care of ourselves, and that finding a secure place of self-love and self-care will always ensure we act from a place of joy, compassion and understanding (even in the worst of times) Below I have listed 5 ways to begin on the path of self-love and healthy self-care, so that you may feel empowered, joyful, and balanced.
1. Take really beautiful showers. Allow this time to be a meditation, a chance to caress and touch your beautiful body who does so much for you, a moment to enjoy and truly feel the water spilling onto you and cleansing your skin, a time to breathe the steam and let all the stress and worries disappear.
2. Plan at least one thing a week that is only for you—this can be time with your favorite TV show, a hike, lunch with friends—whatever you need to remember who you are, that life is meant to be lived, and that you deserve to live it joyfully.
3. Look in the mirror and take a tip from Dolly Moo Body Love, repeat “you are beautiful!” and allow yourself to believe it
4. Release old energy by dancing, shouting, doing yoga, breathing, or just jumping around the room. We often feel bummed out without knowing why, it is because we have old pent up energy that is blocking the way for prana (life force)—a simple shake of the hands, lion’s breath, or dance around the room can vastly improve how you feel in any given moment, freeing you to be loving to others.
5. Practice yoga that blossoms from self-love. Yoga is liberating, empowering and joyful—it frees us by reminding us we are special, divine, and connected to all of nature and humanity. When we have this special place that requires nothing of us except breath and a bit of focus, life blossoms.
PS! Feel deeply taken care of and learn tools for peace and happiness with Diana at Happy Heart Yoga Retreat: Relax & Restore in the Magical Woods of Maine.Waterfall swims, lush gorgeous land, Eco-Friendly, and so much more! Come learn to hear the trees, come love yourself up! Click here! to register and feel good.
Blessed be & namaste,